The year ended better than featherweight Chas Skelly (10-0) could have imagined. At Legacy FC 16, Skelly earned his third win of the year. Before 2012, Skelly had been out of action for nearly two years. He suffered an injury in 2010 and reinjured it during rehab in 2011.
"It's nice to get back in there and get a few wins under my belt," said Skelly to MMA Weekly. 2012 went better than I could have planned or ever expected."
With two Bellator wins under his name, Skelly looks to compete on a larger stage again.
"Now that I'm back and rolling and feeling good, I know I can push myself just like I used to before I got hurt," said Skelly. "Hopefully before too long I'll get a call from a bigger promotion.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.