The UFC announced on Monday that a featherweight bout between Charles Oliveira and Jonathan Brookins has been verbally agreed to for The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale.
Charles Oliveira (15-2, 1 NC) cut to the featherweight division after going on a run that saw him lose two quick stoppages to Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone, and have a submission win over Nik Lentz converted to a no contest due to an illegal knee. In his 145lbs debut, which came at UFC on Fox 2 in January, Oliveira quickly submitted Eric Wisely with a calf slicer. That victory earned the 22-year-old Brazilian his third Submission of the Night bonus.
Jonathan Brookins (13-4) defeated Michael Johnson in a lightweight bout in 2010 to become the twelfth winner of The Ultimate Fighter. From there, Brookins dropped to featherweight and has gone 1-1. He recently rebounded from a unanimous decision loss to Erik Koch by knocking out Vagner Rocha at UFC On Fuel TV 1 in February.
The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale is scheduled to take place on June 1 at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will be headlined by welterweight contenders Jake Ellenberger and Martin Kampmann.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Reminder: Jones And Evans To Appear On "UFC Ultimate Insider" Tonight
- CSAC Amendment Would Allow TUEs For Marijuana And TRT
- Thiago Alves Vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama Possible For UFC 149
- Randy Couture Names MMA's Pound-For-Pound Best
- Video: New "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Promo
- Cain Velasquez Competes In Charity Race This Friday
- Bas Rutten, Joe Rogan, The Voice And Josh Barnett On PEDS In MMA
- Undercard For Bellator 65 This Friday Announced
- Injury Will Postpone Cole Konrad - Eric Prindle Heavyweight Title Fight
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney Wants To Remain Full-Speed Ahead
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.