Chael Sonnen and Kenny Florian discussed the future of Wanderlei Silva during a recent episode of UFC Tonight. Sonnen has been very outspoken in regards to Silva in the past, but was actually pleasant towards "The Axe Murderer" while sitting behind the host table.
"Silva's days will come and he'll be missed," Sonnen said. "He calls himself the most popular fighter in the world, and I've been in a room when he comes in, and he might just be. He'll be missed."
Silva was recently defeated by Rich Franklin, but nearly scored the victory by stoppage early in the bout. Instead, "Ace" claimed a decision.
UFC president Dana White has been vocal about Silva's retirement, but was impressed enough in his performance vs. Franklin to grant him another fight. The opponent, location or date for that contest has yet to be made official.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.