Someone mentioned a possible war of the words battle between former UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen and WWE superstar The Rock on Twitter Monday night. The Rock, who has been featured in several blockbuster movies, was part of the WWE Monday Night Raw 1,000th episode.
"Set it up. We will do it for charity," Sonnen responded to someone saying, "I can only imagine how a war of words between The Rock and Chael Sonnen would be like."
Sonnen is a close friend of WWE champion CM Punk, and was going to have Punk walk him to the Octagon earlier this year for a fight with Michael Bisping. Punk and another wrestler, Daniel Bryan, actually re-created the Sonnen-Anderson Silva finish from UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II on a recent edition of Raw.
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline