While promoting an event this past weekend for Full Contact Fighting Federation, Sonnen wouldn't say for sure that his next fight would be with Griffin.
"We'll see," said Sonnen in an interview with MMAjunkie.com. "There's going to be some news coming out on me soon. We'll see how things play out. Stay tuned."
It is quite well-known by now that Sonnen offered to step in and face UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones at UFC 151. Jones declined the bout, and the card was scrapped.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
UFC president Dana White has said that Sonnen would not move right into a title fight in the division, but cited his willingness to step up on short notice and fight "Bones" when no one else was changed his mind.
- Tim Means-Abel Trujillo, Daron Cruickshank-Henry Martinez Moved To UFC On Fox 5
- Chael Sonnen Says Vitor Belfort "Never Shows Up," Will Pull Out Of Jon Jones Fight
- Mike Swick-Matt Brown To Square Off At UFC On Fox 5
- Heavyweights Brendan Schaub, Lavar Johnson Headed For Seattle
- Bellator Returns To Ohio, Two Names Confirmed
- Jon Jones Responds To News Dan Henderson Was Injured Three Weeks Prior To Cancelling Fight
- Dan Henderson Targets Year-End Show For Return To Action
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.