UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has defeated each and every one of the 16 UFC fighters who have stood across from him inside the Octagon. However, Chael Sonnen and Stephan Bonnar share an even more close relationship than just being victims of "The Spider."
Silva improved to 16-0 with the UFC after knocking Bonnar down in the first round of their UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar main event fight Saturday night with a nasty knee. Silva did the same to a grounded Sonnen when they met earlier this year.
"It's completely devastating," said Sonnen, on Fuel TV Saturday night after the card. "I can't think of anything more painful. Your legs don't work. It's absolutely debilitating, especially for someone like Stephan Bonnar who never gives up."
Prior to the TKO loss to Silva, Bonnar had only been stopped by way of cuts in the UFC.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.