It was announced on Tuesday that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen would be the next coaches for The Ultimate Fighter. And, as usual, the two will meet following their stints leading fighters.
The plan is for Jones to defend his title vs. Sonnen in late April at an unknown UFC pay-per-view. Sonnen, a former contender in the middleweight division, discussed facing "Bones" on UFC Tonight Tuesday.
"What you need to know, and what Jon already knows, is that I got the biggest arms, I got the greatest charm, and I do the most harm," Sonnen said. "I'm better than Jon Jones, I'm better than Sean Combs, and I'm better than John Holmes."
Sonnen, who was unsuccessful twice in bouts for the UFC title with Anderson Silva, said he was given the opportunity to face Jones "by elimination." Several fighters turned down fights with the champion.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I've got no one else willing to fight me," Sonnen continued. "And little Jon Jon, the little leprechaun, has my belt I'm coming to take."
Sonnen (27-12-1) was originally scheduled to face Forrest Griffin in late December. He said that Griffin has a new opponent, but that has not been announced by the UFC.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.