Chael Sonnen ignored UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva's in-your-face pressure during a recent press conference promoting UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II. The No. 1 contender believes "The Spider" was attempting to get himself disqualified by pushing Sonnen into a fight.
"Look, at the press conference, he was trying to get disqualified. He was trying to start a fight so that he could say, 'Oh, Chael hit me and now I can't fight Saturday night,'" said Sonnen, following a recent media workout (thanks to MMAWeekly.com). "It was very transparent and obvious."
Silva went right to the face of Sonnen as the two were suppose to square off for photos. Silva continued to push his chest against Sonnen's and UFC president Dana White was forced to step in.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Joe Rogan Remains In Anderson Silva's Corner As Greatest Ever
- "We All Told Him Not To Fight," Reveals Steven Seagal In First Silva-Sonnen Match
- Mike Dolce Breaks Down Weight Loss For Chael Sonnen
- Video: Witness The Last Open Workout For Tito Ortiz
- No Touch Of Gloves From Chael Sonnen Saturday Night
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Michael Chandler, Chad Robichaux, E. Spencer Kyte, Josh Nason
- Chael Sonnen Continues To Verbally Assault Brazil On ESPN
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline