Michael Bisping will have a big interest in the UFC middleweight championship match between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen in July at UFC 148. Bisping recently told ESPN that he feels like he is close to a title shot depending on who wins the fight.
Bisping stated that he called UFC president Dana White following his close decision loss to Sonnen and asked where he stood in regards to the title race. After speaking with UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, "The Count" heard news he liked.
"(Silva) said it all depends on what happens between Sonnen and Anderson. He said if Anderson wins, I might be sitting around for a while," Bisping said. "So if Chael wins, I might get to fight (for the title). But I haven't been told anything official."
Bisping also said that White told him he felt like he won the fight with Sonnen, but added, "Not that he sent me my win bonus!"
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Before he can plan for a title shot, Bisping must get past Tim Boetsch at UFC 149 on July 21, 2012 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale' Medical Suspensions
- Three Fights Added To UFC 150 From Denver
- Video: Outtakes From Anderson Silva's Budweiser Commercial
- Chris Clements Steps In For Alves Against Bahadurzada
- Bibiano Fernandes Set To Make UFC Debut
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Fighter Payouts
- Jon Fitch Sidelined By Knee Injury
- Report: DREAM Closes Its Doors For Good
- Video: UFC Fighters Discuss Jon Jones' Recent DUI Arrest
- Joe Stevenson To Fight For Resurrection Fighting Alliance On June 30
- Gilbert Melendez Vs. Eddie Alvarez "Would Be Fantastic" According To Scott Coker