Yesterday, the Nevada State Athletic Commission granted Sonnen's request for a therapeutic use exemption for his usage of testosterone replacement therapy. This means that Sonnen will be allowed to supplement his naturally-occurring testosterone levels with TRT as long as he tests within the allowable ratio (6:1 in Nevada) come fight time.
Sonnen appeared in front of the NSAC as part of their monthly meeting, which also included Nick Diaz's hearing over possible disciplinary action for testing positive for marijuana metabolites.
Sonnen found himself in hot water following his first fight with Silva (which he lost by submission) after registering an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio on a post-fight drug test, as well as for improperly disclosing his usage of TRT with the California State Athletic Commission.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Barring any unforeseen obstructions, it would appear that Silva-Sonnen 2 is a go. The two fighters are scheduled to dispute Silva's middleweight title on July 7 at UFC 148, which is scheduled to take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
- Cesar Gracie Speaks Out On NSAC's Suspension Of Nick Diaz
- Welterweight Hendricks “Would Love To Wait” For GSP
- Carwin "Positive" He Will Be Medically Cleared To Fight
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Paul Taylor Out, Rafael Dos Anjos In To Face Anthony Njokuani At "UFC On FUEL 4"
- Anderson Silva Plans To Remain At Middleweight, Leave 205 To Training Partners
- Jon Jones' Manager Says "No One's Running From Anything" In Regards To Recent Arrest
- Josh Barnett Also Has Fight Left In Strikeforce
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.