Familiar with Anderson Silva (32-4), two of his fallen foes in Forrest Griffin (19-7) and Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) recently gave Stephan Bonnar (14-7) advice on what to expect. Bonnar was quick to point out who was more useful.
"The Forrest advice was not too helpful," said Bonnar. "He really just told me don't do anything with him, but you can't do worse than I did. Chael's advice was a little better. He was just like you're big, strong, aggressive, have a good chin, you're a great fight for him and I got a great feeling about this one. He gave me a nice peptalk to boost my confidence, whereas with Forrest it kind of killed my confidence."
In 2009, Silva defeated Griffin in the first round. He defeated Sonnen in 2010 and 2012. All three fights were for the championship. Silva and Bonnar fight in a nontitle bout scheduled for three rounds.
Later tonight Bonnar vs. Silva headlines UFC 153 from Brazil. Check back at FightLine.com for complete coverage of the event.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Renato Laranja Gives His Take On UFC 153 Main Event
- Forrest Griffin Says He And Stephan Bonnar Can Split The Light Heavyweight Championship
- Minutes After Win, Dana White Sends Message To Eddie Alvarez
- Bellator 76 Results: Eddie Alvarez Knocks Patricky Pitbull Out
- Video: Extended Promo For Bellator's Move To Spike TV
- Don Frye: Dan Henderson "Is An (Expletive)"
- Chael Sonnen's UFC 153 Main Event Prediction: Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.