"I've got an agreement to fight a gentleman named Forrest Griffin on December 29, but I don't know," Sonnen said. "Jon Jones has a date of September 22 and right now, he's fighting Vitor Belfort. Vitor never shows up, Vitor has pulled out of way more fights than he has ever shown up for, so if I had to guess you'll be seeing me fight Jon Jones on September 22.
Belfort accepted the fight with Jones after Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua both turned it down. Belfort was expected to face Alan Belcher in October before taking the fight with Jones instead.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Sonnen was asked if he had any words for Jones, to which he replied, "If I was to tell Jon Jones something, I would tell him I've got good news and I've got bad news. Good news Jon, the first punch that I throw at you might not land. The bad news, is there are going to be five more coming right after it."
- Tim Means-Abel Trujillo, Daron Cruickshank-Henry Martinez Moved To UFC On Fox 5
- Chael Sonnen Says Vitor Belfort "Never Shows Up," Will Pull Out Of Jon Jones Fight
- Mike Swick-Matt Brown To Square Off At UFC On Fox 5
- Heavyweights Brendan Schaub, Lavar Johnson Headed For Seattle
- Bellator Returns To Ohio, Two Names Confirmed
- Jon Jones Responds To News Dan Henderson Was Injured Three Weeks Prior To Cancelling Fight
- Dan Henderson Targets Year-End Show For Return To Action
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.