Chael Sonnen's (27-12-1) championship fight with Jon Jones (17-1) is still five months away, but the challenger apparently didn't have trouble reaching a heavier weight class. Sports nutritionist Mike Dolce revealed that Sonnen is already over the light heavyweight divisions limit.
The light heavyweight fight will be Sonnen's return after spending the last decade as a middleweight. Sonnen enters the fight coming off his second middleweight championship loss against Anderson Silva. Jones will be looking for his fifth title defense since winning the gold in 2011.
Sonnen vs. Jones is expected for New Jersey on April 27. No venue has been named.
- Lavar Johnson Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 5 Fight With Brendan Schaub
- Bellator 82 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Finals Made Official
- UFC "Road To The Octagon" Debuts This Sunday
- Ronaldo Souza-Lorenz Larkin Booked For Strikeforce: Champions
- Frank Shamrock: Bas Rutten Put Me On The Map
- Next ONE FC Event Announced
- Heather Clark Ready For The Big Leagues
- Chris Weidman Updates Status Post-Surgery
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.