Belo Horizonte, Brazil fighter Cezar Ferreira earned the middleweight title for The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil Saturday night, defeating Sergio Moraes at UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II. Ferreira was the top pick of Vitor Belfort.
After dominating the first round, Ferreira had to survive several powerful attacks by Moraes. Moraes was not the original finalists, as he replaced an injured Daniel Sarafian.
"I am very honored, very pleased," Ferreira said. "This is what I have been fighting for and training for; I want to represent Belo Horizonte in the UFC."
Ferreira improves to 5-2 in his MMA career, while Moraes falls to 6-2.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Planned For "UFC 153" In Rio
- Maruicio “Shogun” Rua Describes Glover Teixeira Situation In His Own Words
- Showtime GM Says UFC Programming On Their Channel A Possibility
- Rich Franklin Hoping For One Final Title Run In The UFC
- Retirement The Right Call, Says Fedor Emelianenko
- Fired Up Anderson Silva Goes Medieval, Says He'll Break "Criminal" Sonnen's Limbs
- Dana White Critical Of Performances By "TUF: Brazil" Fighters At "UFC 147"
- Wanderlei Silva Will Have To Wait Longer For Rematch With Vitor Belfort
- Date For Junior Dos Santos Vs. Cain Velasquez II Unknown