Will they, won't they?
It looks like UFC president Dana White may have gotten ahead of himself in revealing that a Carlos Condit-Nick Diaz rematch had been verbally agreed to, as MMAJunkie reports that the Diaz camp is denying that the fight is in place.
According to MMAJunkie, Diaz's manager, Cesar Gracie has told them that the rumored rematch is a no go, though he offered little else.
Condit and Diaz met in the main event of UFC 143 last Saturday night in Las Vegas, battling it out over five close rounds in a bout that ended controversially in Condit's favor. Since the fight ended and the judges' decision was read, debate over who rightfully deserved to be declared the victor has raged.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Following the fight, Diaz announced his retirement from MMA, citing his frustration with MMA judging. Gracie has said that he predicts Diaz will return, but doesn't see it happening until near the end of the year.
If the UFC is looking to make this rematch though, you can bet that we'll be seeing it this summer and that this is little more than the standard manager/promoter/manager dance.
- Bellator Heading North For Bellator 64, Ben Askren To Defend Title Vs. Douglas Lima
- Video: UFC Lightweight Champion Frankie Edgar On Receiving End Of Prank
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller: "I'm A Fighter. I Need To Fight"
- Manager Of Anderson Silva Reports Champion Is Back Training
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.