When you make a statement on social media, everyone finds out about it. Mike Pierce asked for a Brazilian fighter to step up and sign on the dotted line to face him, and he received just that, as Carlos Eduardo Rocha will meet Pierce on June 8 at UFC on FX 3.
Rocha (9-1) has been out of action since early in 2011 after having surgery on his elbows following a loss to Jake Ellenberger. He has since moved to the U.S. to train with team Black House, which features the likes of UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
"The expectations are good. Everybody says he's going to beat me, but people will be surprised," said Rocha, in a recent interview with Tatame.com. "There's no easy fight in MMA, especially against a Brazilian. I don't believe he actually said it, but if he really did, he'll be surprised."
Rocha is working first-hand with Rafael Cordeiro to improve his Muay Thai, while training with Diego Nunes and Rafael dos Anjos on his complete game. He's also rolled with Roger Gracie, adding, "It was really good, but I didn't stand a chance. I couldn't move. I asked him to give me a chance."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Trio Of Fights Booked For "UFC On FX 4"
- Michael Bisping Feels Tim Boetsch Is "Harder Fighter" Than Mark Munoz
- Dan Miller Dropping To Welterweight, Receives Ricardo Funch At "UFC On FX 4"
- Matt Hughes Still Up In The Air Over Retirement
- Demian Maia To Face Dong Hyun Kim In Welterweight Debut
- Rampage Blames Himself For Strained Relationship With UFC
- Ian McCall-Demetrious Johnson Rematch Scheduled For UFC On FX 3
- UFC 152 And UFC 154 Scheduled For Canada
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.