Interim UFC welterweight champion Carlos Condit has been focusing on his ground game in training for Georges St-Pierre. The two will collide next Saturday in the main event of UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit for the unified UFC welterweight crown.
Condit, who defeated Nick Diaz for the interim title earlier this year, knows that controlling the wrestling aspect of GSP is a key.
"I think I will be able to keep the fight going and not let him use his smothering top game and very methodical approach to holding me down," Condit said. "I have been working a lot on my wrestling."
What Condit feels makes him different than former St-Pierre opponents is his striking from the ground. That being said, he knows his wrestling is not on the same level as the Canadian.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"To beat Georges, one of the best guys who has ever stepped in the Octagon, I am really going to have to draw on my toughness and those things and assets that I think are overlooked," the former WEC welterweight champion said.
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.