Carlos Condit (28-6) took his loss to Georges St-Pierre (23-2) with a sense of reality. He knows that another win over Rory MacDonald (14-1) could put him back in the title picture. MacDonald recently challenged Condit to a rematch.
"I've just come off a loss, the biggest fight of my career I'm fired up," said Condit to ESPN. "I'm looking to come back with a vengeance. I gave [MacDonald] the worst beating of his life. I beat the snot out of him."
At their first encounter at UFC 115, Condit came back from behind to earn a TKO victory in the third round. For their performance, they received Fight of the Night honors.
At UFC 154 Condit unsuccessfully challenged for the welterweight title. MacDonald is now on a four fight win streak after bouncing back from his loss to Condit.
"Rory has a lot of hype behind him," said Condit. "People are talking about him. A win over him, another win over him, will put me right back in the mix."
Condit and MacDonald meet in the co-main event of UFC 158 on March 16. The PPV takes place out of the Bell Centre in both fighters home country of Canada.
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6