Michael Bisping was on the cusp of securing a UFC middleweight title shot twice now. When he steps inside the Octagon at UFC 152: Benavidez Vs. Johnson to take on Brian Stann, "The Count" believes he is fighting for a shot at Anderson Silva's title.
Bisping and Stann will be the co-main event for the card. The middleweight division is currently without a No. 1 contender to Silva's reign, though many fighters believe they are right there.
"I've got to go out there, I've got to beat him; I'm gonna look good and I've gotta fight," said Bisping, in a recent interview with MMA Fight Corner. "I'm going to put on the performance of my lifetime. Brian Stann ain't no pushover. If I do that, I believe I will get a title shot."
Bisping is 22-4 overall and is coming off a loss to Chael Sonnen. Bisping lost via decision, despite the feelings of many that he won the bout. Stann is 12-4 in his career.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Chael Sonnen Will Face Forrest Griffin In December
- Video: Preview For Second Episode Of "All Access: Ronda Rousey"
- Brian Stann Fires Back At Alexander Shlemenko's Comments
- Alexander Shlemenko Says UFC Fighters Use Injury To Dictate Fights, Calls Out Brian Stann
- ONE FC Releases Complete Fight Card For Next Event
- Bellator Title Fight Between Pat Curran-Patricio Freire Off
- Experience Comes First, Then Championship Gold For Erick Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.