Velasquez became the first fighter in UFC history to post triple digits in significant strikes landed and double digits in takedowns. The two-time champion had 111 significant strikes and recorded 11 takedowns against dos Santos.
FightMetric said the previous best mark was 81 strikes and 11 takedowns by Jimy Hettes. That came at UFC 141 and was a three-round fight.
Velasquez had his most success in the first five minutes, landing 42 significant strikes and 64 total. He had three takedowns in that round and four more in the second.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Bellator Counters UFC’s Contract For Eddie Alvarez
- Jason Lambert And Hector Ramirez Added To Bellator 85
- Pat Healy’s Strikeforce Opponent Finally Revealed
- Paige VanZant Couldn’t Resist Invicta FC’s Offer
- UFC Hall Of Famer Dan Severn Retires
- Lucas Martins Tabbed To Face Edson Barboza At UFC On FX 7
- Bellator And Paul Daley Reach An Agreement
- Bobby Voelker Excited To Make UFC Debut Vs. Patrick Cote
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.