Cain Velasquez (10-1) continues to train for his heavyweight championship rematch against Junior dos Santos (15-1), as he waits and wonders what the holdup is.
In an interview with Inside MMA, Velasquez said that he took an x-ray to prove he's not injured and hinted he's not sure of the status of dos Santos.
"There's speculation that he's hurt," said Velasquez. "I don't know what's going on. I'm just getting ready right now for a date for me and him to fight. He's my one lose and I'm ready to go back and avenge it."
Velasquez added that despite speculation that he was injured, he's healthy and ready to fight.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"There was speculation that I was hurt," Velasquez stated. "I got an X-ray to show people that I'm not... I'm waiting for a date."
The fighters first met at the inaugural UFC on FOX in November 2011 where Velasquez, in his first title defense, was handed his first loss when dos Santos TKO'D him in round one to capture the heavyweight championship.
Since their first meeting both fighters lasted appeared at UFC 146, where they earned TKO victories. Dos Santos retained his championship against Frank Mir and Velasquez against Antonio Silva. After both fights, UFC President Dana White noted that a rematch between the two seemed likely.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Dan Henderson Plans To Put Jon Jones On His Back
- Francis Carmont To Put Perfect UFC Record On Line Vs. Tom Lawlor At UFC 154
- Add Gabriel Gonzaga To Ever-Growing UFC 153 Card In Brazil
- John Alessio Cut From The UFC
- Rick Story-Demian Maia On Target For UFC 153
- Corey Hill Vs. Mike Bronzoulis Headlines XFC 19 This Friday
- Numbers Come In For UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Cesar Gracie Hoping To Get Nick Diaz A Fight Overseas
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.