Following weigh-ins, Velasquez was asked by Fuel TV why he got in the face of dos Santos, to which he replied, "To let him know I am coming after him. If someone puts a fist in my face, I am going to do it right back to him. That is my mentality."
Velasquez was defeated in the first round by "Cigano" back in 2011, but rebounded to earn a rematch by devastating Antonio Silva. The former NJCAA national wrestling champion has envisioned his hand being raised many different ways this evening.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"A knockout, TKO, submission, a five-round grueling fight," Velasquez said. "Every time with my hand raised."
- Video: Max Holloway's Blog For UFC 155, Day Two
- UFC 155 Weigh-In Results: Dos Santos, Velasquez Make It Official
- Anderson Silva Willing To Accept Bout With Michael Bisping, Close To Signing Extension
- Fabricio Werdum In Position To Secure UFC Title Shot With Win Over Minotauro Nogueira In 2013
- UFC 155 Predictions From FightLine.com Staff
- TUF: Mexico Next On The Agenda For UFC
- Mike Goldberg Off UFC 155, Replaced By Jon Anik
- Rose Namajunas Reflects On What Invicta FC Brings To MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.