Bryan Caraway's next fight will not be against Ronda Rousey.
"Showdown" Joe Ferraro reports that Caraway will be squaring off against UFC newcomer Mitch Gagnon on the impending UFC 149 fight card this summer.
A contestant on The Ultimate Fighter 14, Caraway (16-5) has been in the news more for his ties to the feud between Rousey and his girlfriend, former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champ Miesha Tate, than for his fighting career. Presumably in an attempt to stick up for his girl, Caraway offended many when he asserted his ability to "knock (Rousey's) teeth down her throat and then break her arm."
As far as fighting goes, since being starched on TUF 14 by Diego Brandao, Kid Lightning has appeared in the cage once, submitting fellow TUF'er Dustin Neace at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale this past December.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
UFC debutant Mitch Gagnon (8-1) will be looking to keep his six-fight winning streak alive against Caraway. The 27-year-old Canadian has won all of his eight professional victories by submission (mostly guillotine chokes, with a few rear nakeds and a slam sprinkled in for good measure).
The recently-announced UFC 149 fight card will take place on July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- 'King Mo' Lawal Cut From Strikeforce By UFC President Dana White
- Roy Nelson Jokes About Dropping To 205 For Retirement Fight
- Video: Freddie Roach Ranks MMA's Five Best Boxers
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Ratings
- Alistair Overeem Receives Community Service On Battery Charge
- King Mo Hit With Nine-Month Suspension By NSAC
- Matt Hughes Thinks Silva Has Sonnen's Number In Rematch
- Video: "UFC Heavyweight Shane Del Rosario - Giving Back"
- Notes And Quotes From UFC 146 Announcement Presser
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.