Former WEC light heavyweight champion Brian Stann is returning to 205 pounds, but it will be a one-time thing. Stann will face Wanderlei Silva in the main event at UFC on Fuel TV 8 in March from Japan.
"I am not moving to LHW, just one fight, couldn't find a match up at 185," Stann posted on Twitter after news of the fight was revealed. "Everyone is matched up or hurt in top 10 & Wand doesn't want to cut."
Stann (12-5) is 6-4 in his UFC career, including losses to Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping. Silva (34-12) is a former PRIDE champion in Japan, and has pushed for a bout in the country since news of the UFC's return to was public.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.