During Tuesday's edition of UFC Tonight, Brian Stann was asked who he felt would win the rematch between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and No. 1 contender Chael Sonnen. The bout is set for UFC 147 later this year from Brazil.
"I think that Chael Sonnen takes it," Stann said. "I think he's particularly a very, very difficult match up for Anderson Silva."
While Sonnen did enough to defeat Stann last year, the former WEC champion feels that if the same Sonnen that fought Michael Bisping in his last fight shows up vs. Silva, Sonnen will be in trouble.
"If Chael performs the way he did against Bisping, he could be in for a long night against Anderson," Stann said. "We're going to have to see some new techniques from Anderson that he wasn't able to showcase in his first fight."
Stann is preparing for a match with Alessio Sakara at UFC on FUEL TV: Silva vs. Gustafsson. The card takes place in Sweden.
- Vinny Magalhaes To Prepare Chael Sonnen For Anderson Silva
- UFC President Dana White Accepts Soccer Challenge, Date TBD
- Sam Stout-Spencer Fisher Latest Addition To "UFC On FX 4"
- Brian Stann Predicts Chael Sonnen Will Defeat Anderson Silva
- Matt Wiman Injured, John Alessio In To Face Mark Bocek At "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans"
- Rashad Evans Mobbed In Puerto Rico, Meets Boxer Felix Trinidad
- "Bellator 63" Ratings Remain Steady With Previous Season Cards
- Nick Diaz Headed To World Jiu-Jitsu Expo For Superfight
- Strikeforce Officially Announces Cormier - Barnett, Melendez - Thomson For May 19
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.