Michael Bisping has taken to the public to make a request for his next fight. "The Count" recently called out either Brian Stann or Alan Belcher to square off with him inside the Octagon.
Well, Stann wasted little time, as the former military veteran informed MMAjunkie.com that he is willing to sign. Stann even pointed to a date - UFC 152 on September 22 - as an ideal time and place.
"I think the fans have wanted that fight ever since I dropped down to 185," Stann said. "It's bound to happen sooner or later - why not now?"
Both fighters are recovering from injuries that knocked them out of planned summer fights. Stann is 12-4 in his MMA career and 6-3 inside the UFC, while Bisping sports marks of 22-4 and 12-4.
- Patrick Cote Excited To Be Back Fighting For The UFC
- Video: Steven Seagal Calls Chael Sonnen's Actions "Embarassing To The Human Race"
- Being An Underdog Is What Cung Le Enjoys
- Forrest Griffin Has High Hopes For His MMA Future
- Retirement Is 100-Percent Official For Tito Ortiz
- Video: Second UFC 148 Press Conference To Feature Ortiz, Griffin, Cote, Le At 2 PM ET/Noon PT
- John Maguire Vs. John Hathaway Added To UFC: Nottingham
- UFC Signs BAMMA Champion Tom Watson, Set For Debut This September
- Junior Dos Santos Down For Facing Cain Velasquez In China
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.