Brian Stann was in the air on his way to Los Angeles to assist in the coverage for UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin Vs. Le when word broke that Strikeforce was folding after January. As a former fighter in the now-defunct WEC, Stann expressed his excitement for the new additions that will be coming to the UFC.
"Just landed in LA to find out women in the UFC and Strikeforce fighters coming to UFC," Stann posted on Twitter. "Awesome news congrats to all!! Now we can put together the absolute best matchups for both men & women, love it."
Nothing has been confirmed by Zuffa as far as which Strikeforce fighters will be entering the Octagon, but Ronda Rousey was reported to have signed her UFC contract on Thursday. Gilbert Melendez, Luke Rockhold, Nate Marquardt, Daniel Cormier and others will likely join the existing UFC roster, as well, following January fights on Showtime.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.