Heavyweights Brendan Schaub and Lavar Johnson could be on their way to a meeting in Canada, as Schaub recently told MMAjunkie.com that plans are for the two to meet at UFC 154. The card takes place November 17 from Montreal's Bell Centre.
Schaub (8-3) has lost two straight to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Ben Rothwell. Prior to that, "The Hybrid" had won four consecutive fights.
Johnson (17-6) won his first two UFC encounters before falling to Stefan Struve most recently.
UFC 154 is expected to feature welterweights Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit meeting for the undisputed UFC welterweight title, while also boasting a No. 1 contender match in the division between Carlos Condit and Johny Hendricks.
- Report: Ulysses Gomez To Sign With UFC, Face Jussier Da Silva
- Glover Teixeira Not Backing Down From Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Jon Jones Preparing Well For Dan Henderson's Deadly "H-Bomb"
- Bellator Returning To New Jersey For Bellator 74
- Change In Opponent Doesn't Concern Tim Boetsch
- Luke Rockhold Wants His Shot At Anderson Silva
- Urijah Faber Says Bout With Renan Barao Is "Personal"
- Nate Marquardt: "I Feel Like I'm The Best In The World"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline