Bjorn Rebney was aware that Marcin Held (15-2) was only 20-years-old, but was under the impression that the athletic commission would allow the fight to happen. Held was pulled hours before his Bellator 84 fight with Dave Jansen (19-2) because the venue was a casino and to enter one must be at least 21.
"We'd made disclosures to the commission of his age 20," said Rebney to MMA Fighting. "We were cognizant of the rule. We got an alert just before we were going to start that a higher authority in the gaming commission was disallowing what was previously allowed. It was disappointing and unexpected."
Rebney believed that since Held was allowed to be at the weigh-in from the same venue, that there would be no problem.
Held vs. Jansen will be rescheduled for early 2013.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.