If you have any recollection of the build-up to UFC 94 or the aftermath (think Greasegate) from the event, you know that B.J. Penn has had a contentious history with the Tristar Gym.
Stationed out of Montreal and run by head coach Firas Zahabi, the gym is home to the likes Georges St-Pierre, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian, Miguel Torres and Rory MacDonald -- the latter of which issued a challenge to Penn which lured him out of retirement. Penn maintains that the past between himself and Tristar will stay there, but he also freely admits that he's motivated by the opportunity to pick up a win over one of there brightest young prospects.
Feeling that he could have done better against GSP back at UFC 94, Penn said on last night's episode of UFC Tonight that he just wants to show them the real B.J. Penn, win or lose.
"I want to go up there (to Canada), and I want to show them that, hey, I'm someone to be reckoned with and when I'm standing across you in the Octagon, you know, this is going to be a tough fight," Penn said. "This isn't gonna be a walkthrough. This isn't gonna be, let's go push B.J. Penn up against the fence, hold him on the fence for a little bit and now we got him. You know, I got some good ideas coming into this camp and I think it's going to be great. I think the fans are the one who are gonna win in the end."
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Penn and MacDonald are expected to face off at UFC 152, which is scheduled for September 22 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario.
- Frank Shamrock Slams UFC Hall Of Fame
- Quick Shots: Dana White Jokes On Rampage, Done Buying Companies
- B.J. Penn Looking To Show Tristar & Canada What He's Really About
- Video: Wanderlei Silva Trains With Lyoto Machida At Black House
- UFC Featherweight Ross Pearson Excited To Test His Skills Against Cub Swanson, Make Title Run
- Michael Bisping Reads Texts From Chael Sonnen On 'UFC Tonight'
- Dana White On Fernandes: If He Says He Didn't Sign, He Didn't Sign
- Dan Miller Talks Welterweight Debut At "UFC On FX: Maynard Vs. Guida"
- Kenny Florian On The Former Contender’s New Career