UFC president Dana White announced on Saturday night following UFC on FX: Johnson vs. McCall that B.J. Penn will indeed be coming out of retirement to face Rory MacDonald and that he'll be doing so at UFC 152 this September.
Penn announced his retirement following a unanimous decision loss to Nick Diaz this past October, but started warming up to the idea of returning over the past few months. MacDonald respectfully called Penn out in a few interviews and it was enough to stoke The Prodigy's fire and prompt him to accept the challenge. The bout has been verbally agreed to, but not officially signed.
Since suffering his only professional loss to Carlos Condit in 2010, MacDonald has gone on a three-fight run that includes wins over Nate Diaz, Mike Pyle and Che Mills. The 22-year-old Tristar Gym product was on a ten-fight run before meeting Condit.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
UFC 152 is scheduled to take place on September 22 at a currently unknown arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- White On Injury Plague: "These Guys Need To Tone It Down"
- Michael Bisping Goes Under The Knife On Wednesday
- Check Out Rebellion Radio Tonight
- "TUF: Brazil" Debuts Tonight On FUEL TV
- Dana White "Disgusted" By Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Decision
- Separated Shoulder Forced Brian Stann To The Sidelines
- Jose Aldo Latest Injury Victim; Faber-Barao Moved To "UFC 149"
- Video: UFC On FX 3 Highlights
- Report: UFC Officially Applies For "UFC 151: Jones Vs. Henderson"
- B.J. Penn Vs. Rory MacDonald Targeted For UFC 152
- Paul Daley Allowed Release From Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX: Johnson Vs. McCall" Gate And Attendance
- GSP-Condit, Hendricks-Kampmann On Track For "UFC 154"