Former UFC champion BJ Penn is returning to the Octagon to face rising prospect Rory MacDonald at UFC 152 later this year. On Twitter, Penn requested that MacDonald join him in using VADA, an anti-doping agency, to test both fighters before they compete.
"VADA anti-doping has offered to sponsor our upcoming fight. I've accepted and invite you to help me clean up the sport," Penn posted. "VADA results will be released after the fight to ensure that the fight happens. Lets get started asap!!"
MacDonald wasted little time, replying back, "already worried BJ? honestly i think its a great idea 2, and i'm ready to do the testing for our fight as well."
UFC 152 is set to go down September 22 in MacDonald's backyard of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Penn included UFC president Dana White in on the Twitter conversation.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Trailer For MMA-Centered Film "Here Comes The Boom" Released
- Alistair Overeem Discusses His Suspension On "UFC Tonight"
- Terry Etim Out, Joe Lauzon Awaits New Opponent For "UFC On FOX 4"
- Pre-Fight Trash Talk By Anderson Silva Doesn't Bother Chael Sonnen
- BJ Penn Requests VADA Testing For Fight With Rory MacDonald
- Video: Vitor Belfort Has Pins Removed From Hand After Surgery
- Pat Schilling Released By UFC
- Vitor Belfort Looking Towards A Future At Light Heavyweight
- Dana White Expecting UFC 100-Like Numbers For UFC 148