There will be no BJ Penn-Siyar Bahadurzada contest in the near future, as Bahadurzada informed Tatame.com recently that Penn turned down the fight.
It remains unknown what Penn will do next. Rory MacDonald, his scheduled opponent for UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson, pulled out after suffering a nasty cut on his forehead in training. MacDonald has asked to have the bout rescheduled for UFC 154, but nothing has been confirmed by the UFC.
Bahadurzada offered to give his entire fight purse to charity for the opportunity to fight Penn, and even said he has little use of his right arm but would still take the fight.
"BJ said no. I'm disappointed," Bahadurzada wrote in an email to the Brazilian news outlet. "I wanted to fight him with an injury. My right hand is not healed till his fight. I can't punch, but still he doesn't wanna fight haha."
Penn has said he would like to compete at UFC 153 in October. UFC 154 goes down in November.
- Kenny Florian Believes GSP Will Return In November
- Alistair Overeem Continues To Fuel Fire With Junior Dos Santos
- Josh Koscheck Out Of UFC 151 Fight With Jake Ellenberger
- Final Ratings In For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Jon Fitch Calls BJ Penn "A Coward," Says Not Welcome At AKA
- Shawn Bunch To Debut In Bellator This November
- Lyoto Machida Doesn't Plan On Staying Quiet While Waiting For Title Shot
- No New News On Nick Diaz And His Quest To Fight Again
- No Contract Yet Between UFC-Nate Diaz, Says Cesar Gracie
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.