It looks like the stacked UFC 148 fight card has lost one of its main card bouts. It has been rumoured that the bout between Michael Bisping and Tim Boetsch has been removed from the UFC 148 card, although the organization has yet to announce it or even remove the fight from the official UFC 148 fight card at UFC.com.
It is expected that the middleweight tilt will be moved from UFC 148 to UFC 149. Bisping vs. Boetsch will most likely be on the main card of the July 21 event, which takes place at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta. The rumour was first surfaced by MMAWeekly.com.
While no official word has been announced, the move was made to bolster the UFC 149 card in Calgary. The card is expected to be headlined by a featherweight title fight between champ Jose Aldo and Erik Koch, and also rumoured to be on the card is a light heavyweight match between Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Thiago Silva.
With the middleweight division being rather shallow when it comes to title contenders, this fight between Bisping vs. Boetsch could hold future title implications.
Look for MMASucka.com to have news on where and when the Bisping vs. Boetsch is placed when the news becomes official.
Rumored UFC 149 fight card so far…
- Champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (for featherweight title)*
- Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch*
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Thiago Silva*
- Cheick Kongo vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Thiago Alves
- Antonio Carvalho vs. George Roop
- Bryan Caraway vs. Mitch Gagnon
- Mitch Clarke vs. Anton Kuivanen
- Court McGee vs. Nick Ring*
* – Not officially announced
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka.