It may be too good to be true.
The rematch between Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva may not go down at a stadium in Brazil, according to Dana White. It appears a slew of conflicts from a UN convention to security concerns and stadium logistics have the UFC in limbo as they work to finalize the event. White will make the announcement tomorrow.
When asked if there is a possibility the fight will not be held in Brazil, The UFC boss replied, "Yeah, there's stuff going on down in Brazil and I'm working on it."
Originally speculated to take place in Rio de Janeiro at Estádio Olímpico João Havelange, the fight would likely return to the states if they cannot make something happen in Silva's home country. White appears to keep the June 23 date for UFC 147 in Brazil, but will move Sonnen-Silva off the card, having Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort headline.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"We'll still do a card down in Brazil (UFC 147), the time would just be moved. You know what the problem is down there, right? The problem is the United Nations is have a conference down there and there's not enough hotel rooms, there's not enough security down there, there's not a lot of a lot of things."
Whatever the case may be, this is one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history. Sonnen seriously challenged Silva's middleweight supremacy at UFC 117 and fans are elated to see these two square off again. Unlike smaller events that can be changed with more flexibility, White wants to make sure he has the proper venue.
"That's not only the biggest fight in the UFC, I think it's one of the biggest sporting events of the year. So that fight's going to be done the right way. We're not going to half-ass that thing and say, 'Oh let's go to that arena over here.' It's going to be a big fight," commented White.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cheick Kongo On Tap For "UFC 149"
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
- Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman Slated For Main Event Of "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- Troubling Details Surface Surrounding Overeem's Doctor
- Gina Carano In Talks To Join Fast And Furious 6 Cast
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Prelims And Bellator 66
- Video: Jim Miller Brews Beer To Relax
- Cruz Vs. Faber Stays On UFC 148 Card
- Hector Lombard's UFC Signing Imminent
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC 149
- Overeem Denied License, Suspended 9 Months
- Video: Special UFC Press Conference From Brazil Discussing Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen
- Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Now Main Event Of "UFC 148"
- Unbeaten Prospects Stipe Miocic, Shane Del Rosario To Meet At "UFC 146"
- Roy Nelson Gets Gabriel Gonzaga For Heavyweight Battle At UFC 146
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
- Dos Santos Heavy Favorite Over Mir At UFC 146
- UFC 147 Special Announcement Presser Tomorrow
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline,