UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson knows Nate Diaz will bring everything he has in December when the two compete in the main event of UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz. For Diaz, that includes his ever-present trash-talking ways.
Henderson, who has topped Frankie Edgar twice this year, understands the way the Stockton fighter likes to use his mouth to get in the head of his opponents.
"The biggest thing we've had trouble with, to be honest, is we've been having my teammates talking trash inside the Octagon," said Henderson, during a recent appearance on Inside MMA. "I was having a hard time (trying to stay calm). When someone talks trash to me, I wanna talk trash back. When they get emotional, I get emotional back."
Henderson, who will need to remain his "Smooth" character, knows that getting into a war of words with Diaz isn't the best of ideas in such an important contest.
"I'm supposed to stay calm and collected and implement my game plan," Henderson said. "Still, I have been having a hard time with that. Hopefully we get that taken care of and come fight night, I won't allow any of that trash talking to get into my head."
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.