UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson is very vague when he is asked how much weight he cuts prior to a fight. Henderson is currently set to defend his title a second time against Nate Diaz this December at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz.
A former wrestler, cutting weight has always been part of Henderson's life. Now, as he continues to age, "Smooth" knows he is likely headed for another weight class down the road.
"I'm growing, but as far as maturing and getting thicker, I think I'm getting older right now - and it's getting harder for me to lose the weight," said Henderson, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com. "It's harder for me to keep the weight off."
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
"When I was in college and wrestling, I would wrestle all day long and not get tired," Henderson said. "I remember wrestling hard for five hours - literally five hours hard - and be just fine. I would eat friggin' Taco Bell, and be fine, and wrestle again."
- "Here Comes The Boom" Falls To Seventh Over Weekend
- TUF Fridays Bounces Back With 811,000 Viewers
- UFC 154 Fight Lineup Confirmed, Four Fights Each To FX, Facebook
- Chad Mendes Has Battery Charge Dropped
- Chris Beal's Secret To Success Is Always Being Ready To Fight
- Daniel Straus Says After Next Fight He Maintains No. 1 Contender Status
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.