However, as almost all fights that Edgar is involved in tend to turn out, their battle was closely contested and the verdict controversial as a result. The former champ was granted a rematch because many people that the decision could and should have gone the other way and will get another swing at Henderson later on this summer.
Speaking with Spencer Lazara for MMAInterviews, Henderson discussed the rematch, relaying his belief that their second match will probably look very similar to their first.
"Pretty similar," Henderson replied when asked if he thought the rematch would look much different from their last fight, or the same. "I think we're both gonna do the same dance steps. He might learn a few new twirls and twists, I might do a few new twirls and twists and what not. But, for the most part, I think it's gonna be the same old dance. I intend on it ending the same way the first one did: with my hand raised."
Though not yet official, Henderson-Edgar 2 is expected to take place on August 11 at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado.
- Wagner Prado To Face Phil Davis In Griggs' Place
- Rick Story Facing New Opponent… Again
- More Details From Arianny Celeste's Domestic Violence Case (With Mugshots)
- Rousimar Palhares Says He Was Sick During Alan Belcher Fight
- Video: Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons Calls Out "Wussy Liar" Anderson Silva
- Martin Kampmann Eyeing Title Shot With Win Over Ellenberger
- Bendo Thinks Frankie Edgar Rematch Will Be The Same Old Dance
- Rashad Evans Talks Jon Jones' DUI
- UFC Finds Replacement For Vitor Belfort To Face Wanderlei Silva At UFC 147
- Matt Brown In, Matt Riddle Out, To Face Luis Ramos At "UFC On FX 4"
- Video: Go 1-On-1 With Jake Ellenberger
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Medical Suspensions Issued
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.