Henderson successfully defended the belt, scoring a decision victory over Edgar. Diaz was named the No. 1 contender after defeating Jim Miller, and UFC president Dana White confirmed his status recently.
"Nate's a tough fighter, a great fighter," Henderson said. "I'm a fan of his fighting style."
Henderson, who also wore the WEC lightweight championship, said he hasn't done much planning for Diaz, adding, "all my concentration was on Frankie Edgar. I know my coaches will give me a great game plan (for Diaz)."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
No date has been set for Henderson-Diaz, though rumors have it taking place late this year, maybe at the next UFC on Fox event in December.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.