UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson used his strong wrestling and precise striking to take Nate Diaz apart Saturday night in their main event fight at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz.
With many fighters shifting around weight classes, and Henderson constantly fielding questions about his weight and possible move, "Bendo" let it be known that he has plenty of work to do at 155 pounds.
"If they want the 155-pound belt in the next three years, they're going to have to win it from me," said Henderson, during the Fuel TV post-fight show. "I'm not going anywhere. If you want to win that belt, you're not going to win it from somebody else. You're going to have to win it from me. I'm not going anywhere, guys."
Henderson took Diaz down several times and fended of every takedown attempt by Diaz. He also landed over 100 more significant strikes than his opponent, controlling the tempo from the on-start. The use of a thigh-jab was effective, and picked up during training partner Alex Caceres.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I've got to thank Alex Caceres on that one. He came up to the MMA Lab and he did it to me and it actually hurt," Henderson said. "I stole it from Alex and thank him very much. It was effective. I'm always trying to add new tricks, work on my fundamentals, and get better and improve."
Henderson also cleared up talk that he fought with a toothpick in his mouth, saying, "It's a bad habit of mine. I started doing it when I was younger, when I started wrestling in high school and college, and my coach would just look at me and shake his head. It is what it is. I know one of these days I'll probably choke on it, but hopefully I won't choke and die."
- Dustin Poirier Fueled By Loss, Looks To Bounce Back At TUF 16 Finale
- UFC Officially Announces March Return To Japan
- Video: Preview For "UFC 155: Dos Santos Vs. Velasquez II"
- Siyar Bahadurzada Calls Out Rory MacDonald
- Diego Sanchez Confirms Move Back To Lightweight, Says Next Fight To Be Announced Soon
- Roger Gracie Still In The Planning Stages Of Training
- Raphael Assuncao Fought Through Broken Arm At UFC On Fox 5
- Anderson Silva Requests 10-Fight UFC Contract
- Roy Nelson: Matt Mitrione Made Fight Personal By Requesting It
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.