UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson refused to answer Joe Rogan's question regarding a toothpick being in his mouth during the final round of his convincing victory over Nate Diaz at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Saturday night.
However, the performance Henderson put on could not go unnoticed, as "Smooth" took Diaz down at ease and avoided any significant strikes by the challenger, scoring a decision victory.
"It's all a matter of being well prepared," Henderson said. "At the MMA Lab we are all about being well prepared."
Henderson (18-2) improved to 6-0 since joining the UFC, and earned his second title defense. The former WEC champion defeated Frankie Edgar twice earlier this year, also via decision both times.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
The loss dropped Diaz (16-8) to 11-6 inside the UFC. Henderson held a 124-30 advantage in significant strikes landed over the 25-minute battle, and was up 183-95 in total strikes, according to FightMetric.com. Henderson also took Diaz down eight times, while Diaz was 0-for-6 in takedown attempts.
"I got the greatest coaches," said Henderson, during the post-fight show on Fuel TV. "I visualize a lot. I see the fight playing out several ways."
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.