Sports

Battery Charges Against Chad Mendes Dropped

| by

Chad Mendes, a one-time contender to the UFC featherweight title, will not be charged with battery. Mendes appeared in a California court on Monday where the charges were dropped, according to a report by MMAWeekly.com.

"I have said from the beginning that the outrageous allegations published by the media were either false or incredibly sensationalized," Mendes said. "Today's outcome proves it."

Mendes was charged with misdemeanor battery from an incident at a bar in Hanford, California earlier this year.

Now, the Team Alpha Male Fighter will look to continue his march to another shot at the UFC title when he takes on Hacran Dias this December at UFC On FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson in Australia.

Popular Video

This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.

Related Content

Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.