Former UFC fighter Xavier Foupa-Pokam earned a split decision victory over Jack Marshman in the main event of BAMMA 11 on Saturday. The card took place in Birmingham, England.
Marshman, a former BAMMA middleweight champion, had only lost one other time - to current UFC fighter Tom Watson - in his MMA career.
Foupa-Pokam was just 2-9 in his last 11 fights, including back-to-back UFC losses to Denis Kang and Drew McFedries in 2009, before defeating Marshman.
In other action, Tom Breese defeated Warren Kee for the BAMMA welterweight title, while Stevie Ray topped Dale Hardiman for the BAMMA lightweight crown.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
BAMMA 11 RESULTS
Xavier Foupa-Pokam def. Jack Marshman via split decision
Max Nunes def. Kevin Thompson via TKO (strikes) at 1:40 of Round 1
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
Tom Breese def. Warren Kee via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:06 of Round 1 to win the BAMMA welterweight title
Stevie Ray def. Dale Hardiman via unanimous decision to win the BAMMA lightweight title
- Joseph Benavidez-Ian McCall Headed For UFC 156
- Ultimate Fighter Headed To Tuesdays In 2013
- Dan Hardy Not Planning On Being Part Of UFC's Return To England In 2013
- Ryan Bader-Vladimir Matyushenko Added To UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 83 Finalized With Early Start Time
- Urijah Faber-Ivan Menjivar Expected For UFC 157
- Final Fight Makes Invicta FC 4 Official
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Michael Bisping Saying He's The Unofficial Strikeforce Champion
- Relive Eight Fights Featuring Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz Ahead Of UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.