However, a setback in training forced Nogueira to pull out of the planned fight. Now, as he informed the Brazilian news source Tatame, "Big Nog" is unsure when he'll be able to fight again.
"We don't have a date set," Nogueira said. "I've stopped training. I'm just working on my cardio, riding a bike, and doing physiotherapy."
Nogueira suffered a broken arm in a loss to Frank Mir last year. He said he plans on being 100-percent when he returns to action.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Kongo will face Shawn Jordan in July from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Tito Ortiz On Griffin Bout "15 Years In The Making"
- GSP Believes Dan Hardy Can Become A Championship Fighter
- Urijah Says Barao Not His Toughest Challenge
- Reminder, Rebellion MMA Radio Returns Tonight With Rick Hawn, Dhiego Lima, Adam Lynn
- Healthy Lifestyle Has Allowed Cung Le To Continue Fighting As He Reaches 40
- Edson Barboza Says ESPY Nominee "Is Really Nice"
- No New News On Eddie Alvarez, Bellator Contract Talks
- Retirement Is Fitting Randy Couture Nicely
- Brandon Vera "Don't Give A Damn" Why "Shogun" Rua Took Fight
- Video: "UFC 148 Primetime: Silva Vs. Sonnen 2" Episode
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.