UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva did his most violent talking ever during a recent conference call where he made strong remarks against his next foe, Chael Sonnen. Silva and Sonnen will finally collide this Saturday night at UFC 148 after two years of verbal warfare between the two.
One of Silva's closest friends, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, recently told Tatame.com that Silva, "did good," in terms of responding to Sonnen. Nogueira has been part of Sonnen's attacks in the past, and would like nothing more than to see "The Spider" slay him Saturday in Las Vegas.
"The guy's disrespectful. He's a tough fighter, a super athlete, but his kind of fight doesn't sell, doesn't convince. Where he gets his popularity from? Talking," Nogueira said. "He's a guy who says bad things about countries, the athlete, Anderson's wife, the way he dresses."
Nogueira was recently forced to pull out of a planned fight with Cheick Kongo at UFC 149 due to issues with his progress from a broken arm. The former interim UFC heavyweight champion suffered the injury last year in a loss to Frank Mir.
- Days Before Fight With Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen Goes Off On Belfort, Wanderlei
- Nick Diaz Fined $79,500 From His UFC 143 Purse
- Dana White Confirms Silva-Sonnen II Almost Didn't Happen
- Miesha Tate Returning August 18 Against Julie Kedzie
- Video: UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II By The Numbers
- Tito Ortiz Is Leaving Fighting, Not MMA, After "UFC 148"
- Urijah Faber On Chael Sonnen: "This Sport Needs Guys Like Chael Sonnen"
- Charges Dropped Against UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste
- Chael Sonnen Sounds Off On Radio Host, Hangs Up
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.