Former interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will be making a second appearance as a coach on The Ultimate Fighter, as he takes part in the second Brazilian version of the show in 2013.
Nogueira will be going up against Fabricio Werdum, and the two heavyweights will square off for a second time later in the year. For "Minotauro," he knows the first part of his agenda is an important one.
"I want to win as a coach," said Nogueira, during a recent interview on MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I want to make a champ. That's the game, and that's my dream. That's what we do at Team Nogueira. It's going to be the same over there. We're going to work hard to win. It's these guys' dream to be under a UFC contract. I want to make them good fighters."
Nogueira (34-7-1) has won five of his eight UFC bouts, including recent wins over Brendan Schaub and Dave Herman. Nogueira defeated Werdum (16-5-1) during their first encounter in 2006 when both were entered in the PRIDE open weight grand prix.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"He's going to use his last loss as a motivation to come back stronger," Nogueira said. "But I kind of know the guy. I know his power. I know his game and I will train even more."
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.