Due to visa problems, Antonio McKee (28-4-2) was unable to meet Shinya Aoki (31-6) at the 2011 DREAM New Year's Eve card. This year, McKee cleared those problems up and the two will finally meet a year later.
For McKee, he knows that he must watch out for Aoki's submission ability. Aoki has submitted 20 of his opponents with almost all of those happening in round one.
"I haven't been submitted in like 12 or years, so I'm not concerned about Aoki's submission," said McKee on MMA Interviews. "I was a little cautious about foot locks so I went over that and I learned pretty quickly. I think this is a fight I can keep it on the feet and have fun running around and punching him."
McKee's only submission loss came in 2001. He is 17-1 since 2003, with his last loss being a split decision one at UFC 125 to Jacob Volkmann (15-3) in what was his only UFC appearance. Aoki picked up his first win this year after suffering a loss to Eddie Alvarez (24-3) at Bellator 66.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The DREAM 18 - GLORY 4 NYE Special 2012 takes place December 31 from the Saitama Super Arena in Japan.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.