Anthony Pettis (15-2) has been out of action for several months thanks to his shoulder injury, and one thing he has gotten because of that is a new perspective on his career.
"I'm not just a kid and can jump right back from injuries," said Pettis to MMA Junkie. "I've had injuries when I was younger and I'd jump right back and be ready to go. Now I have to worry about my body long term and do it the right way. I can't cut any corners, I can't take any shortcuts. This has to be done and healed up 100 percent, or my career is at stake. That's a big lesson I learned."
The 25 year old has been out of action since a win in February against Joe Lauzon (22-7). His return has been delayed for several months as he healed up a few other wounds.
He returns to the Octagon against Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone (19-4) on the main card of UFC on FOX 6, where the winner may be next to get a lightweight championship fight.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The card takes place January 26 from the United Center in Chicago, IL.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.