Anthony Pettis watched the UFC lightweight championship match Saturday night between Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz like much of the MMA world. However, Pettis felt as though he should have been the man challlenging Henderson at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz.
"Should have gave me the shot," Pettis posted on Twitter.
Henderson successfully earned his second title defense, scoring a decision victory vs. Diaz. Pettis was the last man to defeat "Smooth," claiming the WEC lightweight title before both fighters moved to the UFC.
Pettis could likely secure himself a shot at Henderson with a win over Donald Cerrone. The two are set to collide in early 2013.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.