Former WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is now a co-owner in the gym he trains at. According to a press release, Pettis has invested in Roufusport and the North American Fighting Championships.
Pettis, who is rumored to be headed for a January meeting with Donald Cerrone, joins head coach Duke Roufus and general manager Scott Joffe as owners of the team. Along with Pettis, Alan Belcher, Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren and Erik Koch all train at the gym.
"For me to become part owner of the gym that started my career in the UFC means the world to me," Pettis said. "I get to give other fighters the opportunity that Duke's gym gave me."
Pettis will also co-host WI MMA Today, a regional show in Wisconsin that highlights local fighters.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Video: Dana White Returns With A Video Blog
- Anderson Silva To Attend UFC 154, Rumors Of GSP Call-Out Begin
- Demetrious Johnson-John Dodson Set For UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 81 Set With Season Seven Lightweight Semis
- One Year Suspension For Stephan Bonnar Following Failed Drug Test
- WSOF 1 Event Draws Nearly 200,000 Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.